Tracks in the Sand

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tracks in the Sand

Post  Stormphyre on Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:31 am

She nodded, quite thankful for the dragon's insight. "Thank you, Zadoch. Perhaps next time there won't be a need to fly over them if it is the group I'm looking for," she replied, glancing to the man and rolled her eyes. "You would do well to stop babbling," she snapped hotly, turning westward. She trotted a few paces that direction, seeming to be done with the two, but turned her horse. In an instant, a ball of fire appeared in hand and she hurled it towards Tengi, aimed to strike the space between his feet more than actually striking him. "Next time someone asks you a question, you'd do well to answer it!" she hissed, turning again to continue off.

Stormphyre
Admin

View user profile http://stormphyre.etsy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Outsane on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:12 pm

Zadoch watched the fireball fly towards Tengi, showing no interest at stopping it from striking. He stood up again and released a large yawn and turned southward and began walking again. He may have changed directions several times and was not going the way he thought he was again. He had a lack of sense of direction when it came to north and south. He just knew that he traveled east to get here from his mountain, and he could either fly east to get back to it, or fly west from which he came to return home.

The dark-colored dragon stopped in his tracks and stared ahead. His gaze not settling on anything nearby, but passing through the desert and starting at something in the unseeable distance. Or so it seemed. He turned to the girl and her horse and sighed heavily. "Human, you may get your wish." He said to Tengi. Zadoch scratched at one of his scales and out plopped a tiny necklace the size of his claw. He hooped it around the claw and instantly he began to shrink and his form change. When he was finished, there stood a man with dark skin and jet-black hair. A wild look in his piercing yellow eyes and his features rugged. He wore a simple white tunic with quarter sleeves that hung loosely to his form and a brown leather vest that matched the color of his slacks. He wore no footwear, though.

He tied the necklace around his wrist, not letting it off him, and placed the ruby pendant in the palm of his hand. "Kura! Wait!" He called out. His voice was that of a burly man. Zadoch jogged up to catch up to her, speaking as he went. "I need to go back there with you. There is a sorcerer there who has answers that I seek." He came up a distance from the horse, not used to this form and uncertain if the steed would be alarmed by his presence still or not. "Will you allow me to accompany you?"

Outsane
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gyrfalcon on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:35 am

As the fire struck between his feet Tengi grinned. "She didn't aim for me, Isn't that interesting." he thought to himself. He dropped, one hand in the sand strands of glass crackling, breaking so soon after it's formation. Sand kicked up and a laugh pierced the air as Tengi began running towards Kura. He rapidly passed the now human Zadoch. "What was that about being two things?" Tengi threw his sword, point down, into the sand as he jumped. Landing on Epona, he was just behind Kura, he wrapped his hands around her waist as the horse reared at his sudden arrival.

"Well hello there again, you didn't set me on fire, now isn't that interesting?" He spoke softly, right in her ear.

Gyrfalcon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormphyre on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:52 am

Kura had just started to slow the hourse down at the sound of the deep man's voice, faintly realizing it was the dragon in another form, but before she could respond to him, the pest of a man was on her horse and in her personal space bubble!
She glared, getting her hose under control, prying his hands away. "Are you dense or something?! Get off my horse or else this time I will turn you into a pile of ash!" she growled, shoving him away. "Men," she spat irritably. "What in the world do you want?"

Stormphyre
Admin

View user profile http://stormphyre.etsy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gyrfalcon on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:36 pm

Tengi slid off the horse, respecting her wishes this time. He looked up at her, he figured it was time to answer her questions and pose a few of his own.
"Dense, no not at all I'm fairly light on my feet actually. How ever I am a little stupid. Unlike you, if you were stupid those wouldn't be scars." He waved his hand, indicating the scars on Kura's throat. "However you asked a stupid question, raiders fear death and thus try to force their fear on others by blade and bow. None of those savages would approach a dragon out of idle curiosity with only a sword at their side." Tengi's face had slowly become serious until he smiled at her again, this time with genuine warmth, "Remember your mercy though girl, that same mercy inside you that made you spare me will be tested one day." Tengi took another breath about to continue on before catching himself, "What am I saying, I'm just a gypsy boy, what do I know? Well sorry for the inconvenience I won't let it be said I don't have manners, and I've done enough." He bowed deeply to Kura, picked up his sword and pulled his hood over his head.
Tengi looked up at the sun. "Hmmm which way to go."

Gyrfalcon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Outsane on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:43 am

Zadoch watched as the scene played out and didn't attempt to interfere. Once the two were silent, he turned to Tengi and said. "Your assistance is needed with me, if you will. Those men in the wood cage do not let just anyone in. I am unfamiliar with the speech and slang of humans. Should my plan work, I would need them to believe we have Kura here as a hostage for the covets of man. You did say she was comely, no? Men like comely women, I believe. Her steed could be used as a levy to allow them to let us in. They would not believe that I captured the two single-handedly. I need a partner." He turned to Kura and dropped his head and slightly lowered his shoulders in a sign of respect.

"I apologize we may use you this way," Zadoch said. "I would fly there as a dragon, but their sticks and twigs are sharp and the sorcerer's magic is strong. I would be killed and my scales used as armor. This way is the safest for everyone involved, and I promise you, you and your steed will not be harmed."

Outsane
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gyrfalcon on Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:50 pm

Tengi squinted at Zadoch, "Hmm traveling with you could be pretty exciting, Your plan sounds fairly fleshed out, though I would never suggest we do anything the lady would object to." Tengi's gaze slid over to Kura, "How about it lass, you willing to help our scaly friend, find a sorceress?" His eyes shined brightly at the promise of further adventure, perhaps it had been a full moon after all.

Gyrfalcon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top